Friday, November 8, 2013

Weekly Roundup

Wow, that week really flew in!

This one took up a _lot_ of my time, but I wanted to bring out some of the stuff I'd learned over the past months and put it into a personal painting and finish it to a level where I was happy with it. 


In sort of a flipside to the earlier one, I'm really not all that happy with how this turned out. Anthro characters can either be cute or creepy, and I hadn't tried to draw a Chow before. In the heel of the hunt, it ended up on the creepy side of the fence. Boo. Learn and move on. I was playing with a new technique too, and SOME of it worked.




The time I'd burned on that chow picture was bothering me, so I did one or two spitpaints to bring the speed back up. Warden and War Ghost. Warden was fun because I wanted to play on expressions more than anything else, and am happy with the result. 


 It's November, which means it's time to start work on my Ratchet pic for this year. For those of you that don't know, I have done a Ratchet and Clank fanart every year since 2004, and use it as a metric for whether or not I've improved. So, every year I realllllly try and push the boat out, and with Into the Nexus coming out I get to play around in SPACE. Hopefully next year I'll be on a buzz from the movie.
 I might hold off on colouring this one until next week's stream.

If not, I'll find something else fun for ye to watch. If you want to make any suggestions for stuff you'd like to see, hit me up here or on twitter @ciaranlucas 


No comments:

Post a Comment